- Degree Program in Classical Studies
- Prospective Students
- Minor Program in Classical Studies
- Contact Us
Degree Program in Classical Studies
Our B.A. program
The B.A. degree in Classical Studies allows students to explore Greek and Roman antiquity in a variety of ways and provides excellent preparation for careers that require strong skills in interpretation and writing, such as teaching, scholarly research, law, and publishing, and in the humanities in general. Students may choose from the following three variants based on their preparation, interests, and goals:
- The Language and Literature Variant combines the study of Greek and Latin texts with coverage of diverse areas, including art and archaeology, history, philosophy, religion, and science.
- The Language Intensive Variant focuses on languages with the aim of reading a larger selection of texts in the original languages; it is designed especially for those who wish to pursue graduate studies in classics.
- The Greek and Roman Cultures Variant emphasizes courses in art and archaeology, history, material culture, and texts in translation.