- Prospective Students
- Graduate Workshops
- Classical Languages & Literatures
- Ancient Mediterranean World
- Ancient Greek & Roman Philosophy
- Transformations in the Classical Tradition
- Social Thought & Classics
- Degree of Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.)
- Degree of Master of Arts (M.A.)
- Chicago Consortia in Ancient Philosophy and Ancient History
- Fellowship Support
- General Funding Resources
- Graduate Student Life
- Classics Teaching Opportunities
- Other Teaching Opportunities
- Contact Us
Degree of Master of Arts (MAPH)
The University of Chicago offers masters level study in classics through the Master of Arts Program in the Humanities (MAPH).
In this one-year program, students build their own curriculum with graduate-level courses in any humanities department (including the Classics Department) and complete a thesis with a faculty advisor.
If you have further questions about studying classics in the MAPH program, visit the MAPH website (link above), or contact either the Director of MAPH, Maylenne Sternstein (firstname.lastname@example.org), or the Deputy Director of MAPH, Hilary Strang (email@example.com).